Selecting A College
Ohio’s Public and Private Colleges
- For details on Ohio’s private colleges and universities, visit http://www.ohioprivatecolleges.com
- For details on Ohio’s public colleges and universities, visit http://www.opuac.org/
- For details on Ohio colleges and universities that offer online programs, visit http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/ohio/
- For details on Guide to Paying for College for Students with Disabilities visit
Additional Information on Selecting a College:
- College Search
- Career Inventories
- Manage your College Applications
- Academic Preparation
- Applying to College
- Choosing a College
- College Planning Checklist (Freshman through Senior Year)
Princeton Review College Search
You can search for specific schools, schools that are the “Best Fit” for you, and find more information about majors.
Includes a college search tool, articles, resources.
Find information on colleges, including student reviews, videos, photos, and more.
Get help finding the right college for you with the search tool provided.
Mapping Your Future
This site helps you to be more prepared for college, starting with what you do in high school.
Ohio Career Colleges
This is a link to the Ohio Association of Career Colleges and Schools. There are several programs offered, including Certificate, Diploma, Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree and Advanced Degree Programs.
Online Campus Tours and Other Information
College Week Live
Offers virtual college fairs, live events for students to chat with admissions representatives from across the country, and special events with speakers who are experts on the admissions and financial aid process.
E Campus Tours
College planning, campus life, career exploration, paying for college and more.
Take a virtual tour and request college viewbooks.
Going 2 College
Get college planning tips, explore career options, and find financial aid sources.
Find detailed information about specific schools across the country.
Schools for Students with Learning Disabilities
Going To College
This website, designed for high school students, contains information about living college life with a disability. There are activities that help students explore more about themselves, learn what to expect from college and equip them with important considerations and tasks to complete when planning for college.
Questions to Ask on Your Visit:
- What are the application deadlines for admissions and financial aid?
- How do you assign faculty advisors to students, especially those who are undecided about a major?
- When do I need to choose a major?
- How many students commute to your school?
- What types of extracurricular activities are there on campus?
- How accessible are professors outside of class?
- How are roommates matched up?
- What additional academic services do you offer to students (tutoring, career counseling, study skills, workshops)?
- What types of internships or co-op experiences are available?
- How safe is your school?
- Where can I obtain statistics about crime on campus?
- Do you have a study abroad program? Does my financial aid apply to study abroad?
- Is housing guaranteed for all four years?
- Who teaches most of the classes; professors or graduate assistants?
- What types of intramural programs are offered?
- Get other questions to ask college representatives:
Keep notes on each of your visits by using the Campus Visit Scorecard.
- Academic Departments
- Guidance News
- Academic Guidance
- College/Career Guidance