College Financial Aid & Scholarships
For a list of scholarships for graduating seniors, please log in to Naviance Family Connection, click on the “colleges” tab, and click on “scholarship list”.
Financial Aid: FAFSA
FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available on October 1st at www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
What to Do
- Create your FSA ID at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid. This will help speed up the processing when you fill out the FAFSA online. *Be sure to keep your user ID in a safe place so you can use it when you fill out the FAFSA in January! (Both you and a parent need to have a user ID)
- (Optional) Go to www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov to access the FAFSA4caster to find out estimated Expected Family Contribution (EFC), calculate eligibility for federal aid, and to reduce the time to complete the FAFSA.
- On or after October 1st, fill out the FAFSA online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov using your user ID.
- Know the FAFSA Filing Deadline for the schools you are applying to.
Materials from the August 2016 Senior parent meeting (includes financial aid presentation)
Financial Aid: CSS Profile
The CSS Profile is only required by some colleges. To learn which colleges require a CSS please visit the following: student.collegeboard.org/content/css-financial-aid-profile
What to Do
- Check the list to see if any of the colleges to which you are applying require a CSS Profile.
- Register for your personalized CSS PROFILE application at http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile beginning in October.
LendEDU has created a free course for students to learn about financial aid, scholarships, and student loans. The course contains 4 main sections with 22 short lectures and will take abou an hour and a half to complete. Go to https://lendedu.com/blog/financial-aid-scholarships-student-loans-101-course if you are interested.
- Academic Departments
- Guidance News
- Academic Guidance
- College/Career Guidance