College Admissions Info
- Ask the campus admissions office about fee waivers to help you cover the cost of application fees.
- Check Senior Bulletin No. 1 for information and help on how to write a good Admissions Essay. Use your English teacher or school counselor to help you with your essay.
- Review these additional essay tips from CollegeBoard’s Get It Together for College book:
- You will be asking your Junior teachers for letters of recommendation. You will receive a form from your counselor in September of your Senior year that will help teachers write your letter. Keep this in mind your Junior year, and don’t forget to ask for recommendations early in your Senior year.
- MyCollegeOptions.org – offers planning advice, personalized college match report, financial aid information, free SAT/ACT Prep, and more!
- College Week Live offers live chat events with college representatives from across the country. They also hold special events such as financial aid information sessions and speakers who are experts on the admissions process. Check the website for a schedule of upcoming events.
- It is very important to visit or make contact with the schools that you are interested in!
- CLICK HERE for a college preparation checklist for grades 9 – 12 and to get “to do” lists for each year.
- The Campus Visit Scorecard is a helpful tool for you to keep track of notes from each of your visits. After doing several visits it will be hard to remember details, so taking good notes is very helpful!
- Check out other career and college planning resources here.
- Academic Departments
- Guidance News
- Academic Guidance
- College/Career Guidance