2015-2016 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
First, I would like to welcome the incoming freshman and new families. We are happy that you have chosen Bishop Watterson and look forward to meeting you soon.
After years of service to Bishop Watterson, Mike Roark is stepping down as Athletic Director. He will continue to assist our new Director, Doug Etgen. Welcome aboard Doug!
As we get ready for the upcoming year there are some important dates you need to know.
1. Sunday AUG. 16 - 4:00 P.M. - Mandatory OHSAA meeting for ALL PARENTS AND ATHLETES of Fall Athletes although Winter and Spring Athletes and Parents are encouraged to attend as well.
2. Monday AUG. 17 - Deadline to sign-up for Volunteer Requirement
3. Sunday AUG. 30 - 4:00 P.M. - Make-up OHSAA Meeting
Volunteer Requirements: You are required to volunteer to work an event as part of your child’s ability to play sports at Bishop Watterson. You can sign-up to volunteer on the following website: www.bwhsvolunteers.com
You will need your student’s ID number to sign-up. To acquire this number you can email Jim Melaragno at firstname.lastname@example.org or pick it up at the Aug. 16th meeting.
NEW THIS YEAR: Each event will have one or more teams assigned to fill the required volunteer spots.
OPT OUT OPTION: In lieu of volunteering you can donate $100.00 to help fund our organization. You can execute your donation on the volunteer website.
SIGNING UP FOR A SPORT: You must have all documents and physicals complete before your student can attend tryouts. Information can be found at the following website: www.watterson.finalforms.com.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR 2015/2016: The fee structure for the upcoming year is as follows:
• 1st student/1st sport = $230.00
• additional sport or second child 1st sport = $100.00
• all additional sports = $100.00
There is a maximum membership fee of $530.00 per family.
If you have any questions feel free to call me directly 614-554-1880.
Dave Ganim/President BWHS